Category: Statistical AnalysisStatistical Guidance

Hey, my topic is impact of digital marketing on retail banking sector growth and I have collected data for my research and now I need to test it but I have no ideas as which test would be best for my case. I have 65 respondents forming 2 groups. I need to compare them and find the association between them. What test would be the best? Chi-square, T-Test or ANOVA?

asked on 12 Jul 18Lalit Mudra Lalit Mudra
5 Answers
answered on 13 Jul 18

I would suggest you to first identify the type of variable. Is it categorical, quantitative or nominal? you can only decide which test you can use like Wilcoxon, paired t-test, one sample t-test and chi-square.

Kartik Varma kartik varma
answered on 15 Jul 18

I think you should use a T-test as your research methodology rather than using any other test. T-test will help you to compare whether two groups have different average value or not as your data is vast. You should avoid ANOVA because it is usually used to compare three or more variables and you have just two variables to compare.

Shubham Bichwani shubham bichwani
answered on 18 Jul 18

I would suggest you to use Chi-square test to find a relationship between categorical variables and the t-test for the comparison.

Piyush Batra piyush batra
answered on 18 Jul 18

There are so many information available online on statistics. Read from this link for information about such statistical problems.
Also, take a look at this link:

Sur M sur m
answered on 18 Jul 18

I think ANOVA is the best for comparison based study. I don’t remember completely but I think I also used ANOVA for the same kind of data. So, you can also use it. Also, tests are usually decided on the basis of a hypothesis, so you need to refer them before settling on the tests.

Lisa Hedgewell Lisa Hedgewell

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.