Category: Dissertation/ThesisMy mentor ‘miss-treats’ me

My guide is very ill-mannered and he doesn’t know how to talk with students.
Currently, I am in the second year of my PhD and have been allocated a new supervisor who is very irritating. He is very moody. I am thinking of going to administration and complain about him, but I am scared what if it backfired me only.
Please help me as I can’t continue my PhD under his guidance.

asked on 20 Jul 18Raiman S Raiman S
3 Answers
answered on 21 Jul 18

Don’t quit just because of such people around you. It is not your fault, and I think you should complain about him. If the administration doesn’t listen to you, then you can take help from your friends? Networking sites? Your family?

Rashi Garg rashi garg
answered on 22 Jul 18

I am apologetic for the circumstances you are in, but you have to be strong. I got a kind of same supervisor, and nobody was helping me so, I talked to my principal about it, and he solved my problem. You can do the same. That is the easiest way out.

Aanchal S aanchal s
answered on 23 Jul 18

You need to take a step girl. Probably, you should not quit and should give it a chance. If it doesn’t work, you can quit but what if it works?

Ritu Gupta ritu gupta

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.