Generally, a synopsis has 1500- 2000 words but my mentor has asked me to write 3000 words. I have written 1700 words till now, and there is no matter left to be added.
I am so fed up now that I want to dig a hole and bury myself, but I know this is not the solution.
Please help me in a way so that I can increase the word count of my document. Suggest me some ideas for the same.
Good afternoon, I know 3000 words are very much for a synopsis, but if your mentor is saying, so you have to exceed the word limit. I found some samples of the synopsis. You can read them and understand what information you are missing in your synopsis.
I am sharing a link with you here. http://www.charlottedillon.com/SynopsisSamples.html
Some tips for writing a synopsis:
• Give the synopsis a short, punchy title.
• Write it in the past tense, third person.
• State only the main novel findings of your study, and how you found it.
• Conclude the synopsis with one sentence, which puts your conclusion into context.
• Avoid abbreviations.
• Imagine you are writing for a newspaper column. Make it exciting and easy to read.