Category: Dissertation/ThesisWhich test to do?

I want to run a test in my research to determine if there is a relationship between 2 variables each with 3 levels. Can I use a chi-square test for this or a Kruskal-Wallis or something else altogether? Any advice would be appreciated.

asked on 04 Sep 18Archana Bagga archana bagga
2 Answers
answered on 04 Sep 18

Yes, of course. Chi-square is mainly used to answer these type of relationships.

Brijesh Sharma brijesh sharma
answered on 05 Sep 18

Yes, Brij said it right. But keep in mind that the chi-square test ignores the ordinal structure of your data. For example, if you permute the labelling, you end up with the same chi-square. Whereas, if you want to take into account ordinality, you could use the linear-by-linear test in the crosstabs output.

Amrita Goyal amrita goyal

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.