Fabry-Perot interferometer vs Fizeau interferometer

I want to measure fringes. Should I use Fabry-Perot interferometer or Fizeau interferometer? Both of them measure fringes, hence I’m confused between them.

asked on 04 Apr 19Sonam Bhatia Sonam Bhatia
4 Answers
answered on 04 Apr 19

sonam, use Fabry-Perot interferometer. They will let you measure the fringes clearly.

Kamlesh Meena Kamlesh Meena
answered on 05 Apr 19

sonam, according to me you can use Fizeau interferometer. Because it is easy to use Fizeau interferometer rather than Fabry-Perot interferometer.

Rajkumar Eligedi Rajkumar Eligedi
answered on 06 Apr 19

Why not use Twyman-Green interferometer?

Novi Tulipe Novi Tulipe
answered on 08 Apr 19

Novi, you cannot use Twyman-Green interferometer. This interferometer is used to test the optical device.

Raghav V Raghav V

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.